Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Distance and now

I'm writing from Wetherstones in Durham City Centre this morning. I'm having breakfast before another day at S21 our Salvation Army Corps in the City.

This week has been a real challenge.

I have been battling with being unsettled, and longing to get back to a big City where we feel so much more settled. Living in a village is just not for me. It's so isolated, so quiet, too quiet. Our friends seem so far away, our families too. 

It has given me time to really talk to God and listen to him and that is a good thing, but I am ready to move on now. 

Yet the unsettled feeling is just a sacrifice I guess. It's for the kingdom  and is a small price to pay for seeing God move so amazingly where we are now. 

I am reminded today that God has our lives in his hands. I am reminded of the scripture God gave me at the moment I set out on my journey as a Christian leader. "This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armour,  to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut: I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. (Isaiah 45: 1-2)

The fact is whatever I feel as a human being, and right now that is really unsettled, God is interested in me. He is going before me carving out a pathway. He is clearing the way to my future. So a key question for me this morning is how much do you trust God with the future? 

One of the amazing things God has worked in my life as we have experienced this really hard time we have had over the last four years in a barren land, is to see things through spiritual eyes and not through human eyes. And that makes trusting God with your life so much easier.

Maybe you are experiencing dry times just now?

Trust God with your life. 

Don't try and carve your own spiritual pathway out. God offers to do that for us.

And that is such a massive blessing.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...