Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Prayer

How great are you God!

You are so majestic, so Regal yet so relative and so humble.

You are so incredible, so marvellous that I find it so hard to express it.

I sit here in your presence and feel your Spirit so close, so near.

The changes you have effected in my being are too immense to speak of. I've changed, I am not Gary Lacey of yesterday.

He's gone.

You've dealt with things that only the king of the Heavens and earth could possibly deal with. The sadness, the damage, the inner turmoil, the wreckage of wrong thinking and living. The mess that accumulated as a result of those things.

The change is transformational and to me this very morning feels even sensational.

I suddenly find myself dealing with things that once seemed so impossible to deal with, I deal with them as a man. Not as a damaged child.

Thank you Lord for changing me.

I was once blind to you. In fact blind to anything of you.

I don't know why?

I just was.

But now I see you.

I see that you are my hope.

Buts it's not a 'let's hope so' kind of hope, it's a hope filled with assurance and certainty. You are so great. So magnificent. Thank you for giving me the strength to build a new life. A life full of love and beauty instead of turbulence and pain. And when pain comes thank you for giving me the power to rectify it, to stem pain quickly.

I go to the depths of despair and you are there, I go to the pinnacle of joy and you are there too! And everything in between these two extremes I am so glad that you are there.

Thank you for teaching me to see you in the eyes of the world.

I see you in the shabbiness of the poor and the needy.

I see you in the faces of the sick and dying.

I see you in the lives of those who are so far from you.

I see you in the broken hearted.

I see you in the brokeness of this world.

And I love to reach out to you in the lives of those who are in need.

It's my life's work now.

There was a time when selfish ambition just walked over everything in my life. I see now Lord it was a desperate cry for significance, but that really doesn't matter anymore because in your eyes I am massively significant. And in a world that needs a touch of the King, I want to bring that touch to whoever I come across in my life. I don't care about promotion, status or possessions, I really don't.

They are so temporary.

I just want the permanency of the miraculous.

The things that money just can't get close too. The smile and outstretched arms of my grand kids, the love my kids show me. The amazing relationship with Dawn that just outruns anything earthly I have ever known. The joys and sadnesses of my friends and family that I share in. The privilege of ministering for you.

No possession, no amount of money nothing in this world can replace those things.

So my life is rich and full and strong and real.

I just want to thank you, show my deepest gratitude this day as I am awash in your Spirit.

I recognise the work still to do in my life. The shaping, the rough edges that still hang on to my life that need to be removed still, Lord I look forward to it.

I want to know so much more, I want to discover more of you. I want to go from glory to glory as you reach into the depths of my life with you fiery touch. My purification is well on the way but I know there is more Lord and I really look forward to it.

Purity feels good Lord.

The impure life I led for so long, the life choices I made that caused me to miss out on a relationship with you for such a long time are disappearing into the mists of the past.

But that doesn't matter either.

I'm with you now.

Forever.

And you are mine!

I want to thank you for helping me through this period of wilderness too. The things you've taught me. The things you have shown me. The things you have given me. Things that will be with me forever as I go into today and into the future! To wherever you will send me, to wherever I will set foot. I trust you God with that future, all my tomorrows I commit to you.

How great are you God.
Love Gary X

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...