Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Marching

In the scheme of things, reading 1 Chronicles 11: 4-9 this morning in a silent prayer space in sanctuary 21 Durham, I am reminded of just how massive God is.

Actually I can't even begin to understand just how awesome he is.

But this morning?

This morning I feel it.

The awesome presence of God.

It's so awesome the room seems thick with electricity.

And you know what?

God is speaking into the thick, highly charged atmosphere.

This is what he is showing me and I have a heavy feeling I have to share this today.

The truth that will not sit well with those who put their salt in "religious", the man-ordained or the fruitless power games that so many get caught up in, is this, that God always wins!

I love the opening couple of verses of this scripture.

David and all the Israelites marched to Jerusalem (That is Jebus). The Jebusites who lived there said to David, "you will not get in here."

And this next line just cracks me up!

Nevertheless, David captured the fortress of Zion-which is the City of David.

There is no mention of the battle that must of ensued. Just someone told David that he wasnt going to win, But in the next breath here we see David obviously a conqueror despite what others were saying.

In other words, whatever man says about any situation, If God wants something different to happen it is going to happen.

I've had a great year this last year, spiritually. which is amazing because we live in such a spiritually dry part of the UK. God has spoken specifically to us about our ministry this year. and we have shared this with people. Some of them people have said, "that will not happen."

God says Gary, march up to your Jerusalem.

So whatever man says?

I'm marching.

I think this is the key to the feeling of utter freedom I have been walking in this year.

And I feel it and I embrace it.

The scripture goes on to say, "David then took up residence in the fortress, and so it was called the City of David. he built up the city around it, from the terraces to the surrounding wall, while Joab restored the rest of the city. And David became more and more powerful, because the Lord almighty was with him."

Here is what the Spirit of God says to you this morning.

"If something seems over or blocked or dead in the water? Then hear this."

"IT AIN'T OVER."

"March up to your Jerusalem, in other words those dreams and visions I lay on your heart. Those things I set you to fight for despite the opposition.2

Of course the key to all of this is found in the last line of this scripture, "David became more and more powerful because the Lord almighty was with him."

Rememeber today it's good to value opposition, we can learn so much from it, we can shape our lives for the better if we learn from it. But remember that God always wins so no opposition, no matter how powerful they or it might think they are, no matter what someone may be saying to you about that God-felt thing you have deep inside you, such as that can't or won't happen?

If God has ordained it?

No-one, nowhere, at no time past present or future will ever stop the plans of God for our lives!

So rise today.

Get your head up.

March.

Just like David.

Despite the opposition?

The Lord almighty is with you.

So victory is sure.

Blessings guys.

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...