Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Green Light 2 (Pray like never before)

So here I am smack bang in the presence of God.

Right here.

Right now.

Even the air in prayer room 1 here in Sanctuary 21 is thick with the electric atmosphere that only the presence of The Spirit of God can bring to this world.

It's like you can taste Holiness you know?

Every breath I breathe in here saturates my inner being with focus and peace.

Like a Holy oxygenation.

And it takes me a while to start to pray.

Because unashamedly I just want to draw the electric air into my body.

In the background I have 10000 reasons (Matt Redman) blaring out of my smartphone at full volume.

I hear one line of the first track.

"Sing like never before."

And I feel a challenge direct from the depths of God's heart.

In fact it's his voice I hear in the air.

The voice says.

"Pray like never before."

Lately I've literally prayed like I never have before.

As I said in my last Green light Blogpost, I've pushed into prayer even when praying was the last thing I felt like doing.

And I've seen it's power.

And boy have I felt, seen and experienced its power.

So right here, right now, my hand has been Spiritually set to work on adding to my last blog post. Even though my human side feels like I'm repeating myself, feels like I am going over old ground. Nevertheless God wants to say this to whosoever today.

So fasten your seat-belts!

To the whosoever.

Pray like never before.

I think of General Linda Bonds call to the Salvation Army to pray. And it's been great to see people taking up the call.

I believe though the call to prayer is more than a call.

I think it is a direct order from God himself.

To pray like never before.

Have you taken up the call?

Can we honestly say that we are praying like never before?

The thing is if we pray like never before we will see the miraculous power of God sweeping the nations like never before.

Is there anyone out there sick and tired of the mundanities of Church? Of the relentless blandness that stone dead religion brings?

Is there anyone whose christian walk seems to have a missing link?

Is there anyone who is on the verge of giving up? Because your prayers, your service, your commitment seems to amount to almost nothing?

The Spirit of God says to you, "what's the missing link?"

"The missing link is praying like never before."

The times we exist in now needs a church that prays like never before.

That takes creativity. It takes a commitment like you've never had before. It probably means a break with traditions, you know, the bad side of tradition, the side that holds on to things long past their sell by date. It means a loosing of human inhibition regarding prayer. It means pushing into God with strength and courage. It means taking our frustrations, our desperation, our deepest desires, our visions, our joys and our needs to God instead of taking them to the world. it means sometimes laying aside things we think we ought to be getting on with and praying instead.

It means taking everything to God.

Everything.

Pray like never before.

Make it a mission.

Make it a priority.

Make it a necessity not an experiment.

No matter what.

No matter what it takes.

Pray like never before.

So who will take up the call?

Who will take up the command?

Will it be us?









Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...