Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Determination!

Shovelling snow ain't my thing.

Living in a village drives me insane at times, the City is only a matter of a couple of miles away and is relatively free from snow. My village, on the other hand, is completely whited out with deep cold snow.

Dawn and I had the car out of the drive this morning, We had to push it because it kept getting stuck in the snow as the tyres failed to catch the ground.

The frustrating thing was we can see the main road not fifty yards away.

That's clear of snow.

Here we are struggling to get the car out but a clear run is near and yet so far.

But!

We are determined to go to work.

Another day of kingdom opportunity.

Neither of us want to miss out on what God is doing.

All last week I have been preparing three fresh talks for the UK territories prayer warfare conference where I have to deliver three main talks.

The framework I have been given consists of this.

Know your enemy, the defensive strategy, and the offensive strategy.

I've been praying studying and seeking God for what he would have me say.

God put some stuff on my heart to do with the Armour of God.

It's been a tough working week, working with my head, my heart and my soul.

But shovelling snow at seven in the morning gave me picture of a new but vital weapon in the scheme of things in the spiritual battle.

Determination.

A bit of snow was not going to stop me this morning.

When the cold bit in, when the icy breeze caught my cheeks, when I had to clean the snow off the car, I could of easily thought, do know what, I'm going to ring in and say we can't get in, and opted for a warm fire and a bit of TV.

But our eyes were fixed on the work that we have to do alongside God on the mission field.

I have no idea what today will bring. Yeah, I've got a couple of meetings etc, but the rest of the time will be spent among the needy.

Brilliant.

Can't wait.

I'm writing this quickly because I have dropped in for a cappuccino before My work in the city starts today.

But it occurred to me how vital determination is in the spiritual battle.

Sometimes like this morning our lives can get bogged down and stuck and it becomes a struggle to get up and out.

Yet a clear road lies frustratingly near and yet seems so far.

But it's not really.

With a bit of determination we can fight our way out of the struggle and get on the clear road.

A verse from scripture God gave me to share with you today.

The righteous person may have many troubles, but The Lord delivers them from them all! Psalm 34: 19

Whatever your feeling today, or wherever you are, if there is frustration and trouble knocking around, then remember to keep your eyes fixed on Jesus.

Because The Lord delivers us from ALL troubles.

Yes ALL!

Not a few, but all our fears and troubles and frustrations.

Arm yourself today with determination.

Determination will push back those forces that seek to disarm and disable us.

Determination will put us on the clear road to get to wherever we need to go today, spiritually, physically and mentally.

Blessings guys.

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...