Thursday, February 28, 2013

Unlimited

A dream we've had for twelve years was, in the realms of officialdom, ended this week.

We've thrown our lives at it.

It's been a blast, a mix of ups and downs, breathtaking successes and wild failures. And it ended with no dramatics, no histrionics, no, it was just ended on paper by others, in a seemingly cold decision, in some kind of meeting somewhere.

Right at this point it sounds like this is going to be a very negative blog post.

Doesn't it?

But it definitively isn't!

I should probably be a tad annoyed with these people.

But hey, they have to make difficult decisions. And that's hard sometimes.

But no.

I'm not angry in any way.

I probably should be.

But I'm not.

I'm cool to the extreme with it actually.

And feel kind of peaceful.

Man loves to limit stuff. In the church we love to create limits. I've even heard some leaders saying that creating limits stops chaos happening. I disagree. I think quite a lot of the limits that are created actually create way more chaos. I've seen it in fact. Man sometimes seems to crush others visions, and can use their so called limits to keep them exempt from any blame when decline or disaster happens.

The problem with that.

Is God is limitless.

His love is limitless.

His grace is limitless.

His power is limitless.

His creativity is limitless.

His openness is limitless.

Lately, I've been doing a lot of assessment of where my own life is right now.

It's been ultra productive.

And I have latched onto something that I think is important.

I want to live my life without limits.

And I'm taking steps to make sure that happens.

This week I sat with a police sergeant and a young guy who is homeless and is hopelessly lost in a world of criminality and drug addiction. He owes money, lots of money, to people who are dangerous. He is seriously entrenched in a trap that he just cannot lift himself out of. Without going into the detail he is dying in hopelessness. Fast. We spoke to him about another world, one where he can be safe and build a different kind of life. As we spoke to him I felt the hopelessness. In fact, I felt hopeless myself because he couldn't see what we were saying was right. I wanted to shake him. Shake myself and shake God, it was so frustrating. His life is limited. His time on earth could be limited and he's only in his early twenties. His world is a limited world. And he's trapped in it. Unable to get out. Only God can rescue him now.

When that meeting was over I slinked off to the prayer room.

I voiced my frustrations to God.

After a couple of hours my attention switched to my own life.

I'd just been told of this decision the day before that had affected the vision God has laid on our hearts for over twelve years.

I began to see how I've way to often allowed limits to limit my life.

Ok, man has often piled those limits on, but hey.

Sometimes I place my own limitations on myself.

The young guy that the policeman and I were trying to help, is seemingly trapped right now.

But I'm not.

God made that perfectly clear to me, as John 10:10 came into my mind, I came to give you life in all its fullness, says God.

A life without limits.

A life with limits results in death, sometimes even while we're living.

I don't want to be dead!

Ever!

I want to live my life without limits.

The good thing is, living life without limits means that our visions and dreams stay intact.

Whatever man says.

The trick is, to walk in relationship with the limitless God. That's why I think the bible instructs us to follow God not man. It means to me that we would be best served walking in his limitless grace. Being in relationship with a limitless God.

It would be easy for Dawn and I to drop the vision right now. We are about to move to London, to start a brand new appointment that as yet we don't know much about. It's a good natural break to drop the vision we have been given. But, living life without limits means the dream is still alive! It's still on!

The mission of God will always be alive. Gods mission is limitless! He will stop at nothing to bring His kingdom on earth.

So today if you are feeling limited, or being crushed by the created limits of others, switch your attention away from those people who are limited in their approach and onto the limitless God. Deciding to live life without limits brings freedom. Freedom to be who we are. Freedom to be effective in this world. Freedom to really live! Whatever we do don't let mans limits crush our spirits. Don't let them ruin our very being. Just chill out. Just follow God. A God who has unlimited love for us.

Live.

Really live!

Take a massive deep breath and breathe in his unlimited grace.

Rise up and start life again.

I'm not saying we disrespect those in leadership or those who are responsible for us, definitely not. I'm talking about an inner decision to be the person who God made us to be, to be free to live life in all its fullness. Whatever man says, he cant steal your freedom, the enemy (satan) comes to steal and kill and destroy, but we can make a defiant choice. Choose to live our lives without limits.

So in a week where I should be disappointed in some people.

I'm not.

In fact I feel alive and full of hope and ready for action!

Why?

Because.

God is in control. Not man.

The unlimited God.

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...