Monday, March 25, 2013

Nightgold

A flash of gold set a luminous trace around the edges of the just visable clouds which adorned the otherwise dark blue midnight sky. 
And.

I stared in awe at the sheer wonder of it all.

Creation. 

The created universe. 

In my momentary glimpse I felt a part of the vision, the plan. 

In that momentary glimpse my life felt secure.

In that momentary glimpse I knew I believed.

In that moment I was moved. 

In that moment I saw hope. 

I remember the moment well. 

I was sitting on a hotel balcony looking out over a calm Spanish sea and a truly majestic Spanish night sky. 

Night gold. 

Visionary.

Beautiful.

In my heart I would have liked that momentary glimpse to stay and become a permanent vision. 

It's so very easy to believe, and feel close to something bigger than we can fathom when a momentary glimpse of the majestic beauty if Gods creation stops us in our tracks. 

It's a bit harder though when the frenetic course of life resumes. 

I've found myself longing for the depth of connection that I experienced that night.

I think it was the peace it brought. 

Yeah that's it, peace. 

It's nowhere near as easy to be peaceful when the madness of busyness kicks in. Which I don't know about you? But for me that's most if the time. It's even tougher when those major things both expected and unexpected are thrown at us by life. When someone hurts us, when someone leaves us, when someone we love or know is taken from us. When sickness or injury hits, when financial demands become difficult the list could go on and on and on. 

In these circumstances, how on earth do we grasp the connection with God we have in our momentary glimpses?

I don't know.  

The only thing I know to do is push towards God. To push with all my might into prayer. 

Prayer is like nightgold. 

Prayer is vital to touching the heavens and hearing it's returning voice. 

That flash of gold I saw in the night sky over Spain that night drew my eye. It drew my attention. I gazed on it's beauty. It connected me to the Majesty of God. 

Prayer, it's the same. 

Nightgold.

It connects us to the Majesty of God. 

My heart speaks out tonight from the very heart of God. It speaks to someone languishing in the shadows of a shattered life. Through an experience you have just encountered, maybe something that has just smashed your very existence apart.

My heart speaks to you this day. 

In the night of your despair, the majesty of God seems distant. But it's closer than you could ever imagine. Even though you don't feel it, with all your strength, whatever strength you have left, pray. In the night sky of despair look for the flash of nightgold. Gaze upon it's beauty. In that golden beauty lies all the hope you need. Let your eyes be drawn to it. Fight to connect. 

Be secure.

Be moved.

Be sure in your belief. 

Encounter hope once again. 

Turn your gaze to Heaven. 

In prayer 

Nightgold. 

Let the clarity of hope touch you now.

Whatever has happened, whatever the loss, whatever the situation, take your wounded heart to the majesty of God. He's there. He is pure love.

He is our only hope. 

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...