Monday, August 12, 2013

Closer (getting close to God)

I sat with my grand daughter tonight.

 

She is so cute.

 

She's 4.

 

She does this thing that makes me feel so blessed.

 

Ever since she was a toddler wherever I sit? She has to sit right next to me. I mean right next to me, she gets so close she is almost glued to me. If I'm working in my office she is there. If I'm having my breakfast she pulls her chair right next to mine.

 

You can feel the love.

 

And.

 

It humbles me.

 

We haven't had the best of starts to our new appointment. I'm sure it will get better.

 

Watching Kaidance today sidling up to me at every opportunity, I felt God speak to me through it.

 

I haven't sidled up to God as often as I should these last few weeks. I've been pretty mad with him actually.  

 

And kind of felt his pain a bit.

 

I'd be hurt If Kaidance didn't do her little following me around thing.

 

Somehow through a four year old girl, I was compelled to sidle up to God today. In fact I wanted to run to him.

 

Because although times were really tough last year, and we've had a torrid time in these last couple of weeks, I was reminded today that the be all and end all of my life is based on my relationship with Jesus.

 

And.

 

The be all and end all of what will enfold as we look to do touch other lives with the love of a saviour, will depend on me staying as close to God as I possibly can.

 

Sidle up to him.

 

Relentlessly.

 

Forever.


Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...