Monday, November 18, 2013

A prayer for the now

Faith.

Faith is revelation.

A true revelation inside of us.

Here's something Paul a timeless apostle says.

Galatians 1:11-20, 22-24 NIV

I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.   For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.   Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord’s brother. I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.   I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” And they praised God because of me.

I write today, from an antiquated Welsh tea room overlooking a fast flowing silver grey river. The start of a two week break.

Feels like bliss.

I've been throwing everything I have into work since we  got to London.  Trying to make sense of a Salvation Army that seems to have lost it's way completely where we are.

But.

God is moving!

I am truly glad of the break though. 

Lately I've been asking God for something precious.

A prayer.

I've been seeking for the most pressing prayer that I could pray for the Salvation Army right now.

And.

My eyes and heart fell on the above slice of Scripture.

I can relate to what Paul is saying. 

It wasn't through any teaching or anything that man did that God revealed himself to me.

He just.

Fell.

Fell into my life.

I instantly knew.

Knew it was Jesus.

As I reflect on the devoured remnants of a once vibrant Salvation Army in West London.

The vital prayer comes.

If you can forgive me may I be bold? 

I think it's a prophetic prayer for the Salvation Army across the globe.

It's a simple prayer, probably not a prayer that hasn't been prayed before either. 

But I'm praying it into the now.

Lord Reveal yourself to us.

Bless us with a revelation of you. 

Help us to really know that  we have been called by your grace. I pray that the Gospel we preach will not be from human origin, not from any man,  but help us to receive it by revelation from Jesus Christ. Bless us with a revolution through revelation. I'm praying it over us God. In the name of Jesus Amen.

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...