Friday, February 28, 2014

Ready for a change

This afternoon, a visit to the doctors for some blood tests and an ECG, after feeling a bit under the weather for a week or two, had an unexpected twist. 

The Doctor said on reading the ECG result informed me that at some point in my life I've suffered a heart attack.

That really was a shock.

I can't really recall having such chest pain to suggest that. I've had a few twinges over the last few years but nothing to suggest a serious problem. 

So.

I find myself at the start of a journey I would rather not take that starts with a visit to a London Cardiologist in the near future. 

I came home and found that kind of news really hard to absorb.

A thousand thoughts were vying for supremacy in my head. 

The doctor had given me a stern lecture on changing my lifestyle. Diet, exercise, and as much stress free environment as I can manage.

He even suggested I change jobs! After grilling me about my Work and giving me his opinion that it was way too stressful for me to safely continue!

That's a laugh.

A change of lifestyle?

I have to admit, I find that concept a little bit exciting. 

A complete change. 

A change that will help my health improve considerably. 

So.

Head first I plunge into a new way of life in terms of diet, exercise and trying to find stress free elements to my work in the Salvation Army (I guess that could be hard!)

Change is exciting. 

Pushing new ground.

Discovering new things. 

I don't want another heart attack. So I'm looking forward to new frontiers. 

I think in my Christian life, on my mission it's time for change too.  

I feel more than ever God is leading Dawn and I to cross over new frontiers. Our heart is for desperately needy people. I'm way more disillusioned with the regulations and other general daft ness associated with religion than at any other point on my Christian Journey. I just love Jesus. I just want to help people to encounter a king. 

And.

Today.

After my news?

I'm ready for a change. 

What that means I'm not yet too sure. 

But.

I do know it is incredibly exciting to stand at the threshold of something you have no idea what lays on the other side of it.  

This is what The Lord spoke about my life today (I've used this verse in a previous blogpost)

“When we were at Mount Sinai, the Lord our God said to us, ‘You have stayed at this mountain long enough. It is time to break camp and move on. Go to the hill country of the Amorites and to all the neighboring regions—the Jordan Valley, the hill country, the western foothills, the Negev, and the coastal plain. Go to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, and all the way to the great Euphrates River. Look, I am giving all this land to you! Go in and occupy it, for it is the land the Lord swore to give to your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and to all their descendants.’” (Deuteronomy 1: 6-8)

My lifestyle has to change. 

In every way.  

I've stayed on the mountain I'm on way too long. It's time to break camp. 

It's time to discover more of what God has for me. 

Blessings today. 













Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...