Monday, February 3, 2014

Seize the moment

The teams around us had nearly all dropped points. Liverpool FC in the past two decades have had problems taking advantage of other teams when they drop points. Sunday was no exception. I've followed Liverpool all over the world and probably seen most games either live or on the TV since I was first taken on to the Kop at the age of three. When I was watching the game this weekend on Sky Sports my mind focussed on the fact that we failed to seize the opportunity again.

Seize the moment. 

This week has been one of those weeks in our ministry that I love. Lots of prayer, lots of silence, lots of visionary connection with God. 

It's been a pivotal week where we've laid down the nuts and bolts of our strategy to build a sanctuary in West London. 

It looks good.

It feels good. 

On top of that we have sat with a number of people who have come out of the blue and agreed to come on board with us. Each one brings something to the table and will each add a new dimension to the way we plant this Prayer Centre.

Which brings me back to the footie on Sunday. 

So.

I was sitting seriously twisted up inside that yet again Liverpool FC had failed to seize the Moment! To the point I got told off by my lovely wife Dawn who has never grasped my love of football! When that phrase, seize the moment kept swimming around in my head. 

I thought of this week.

And it Dawned on me.

In fact it hit me.

Hard.

In a good way.

That this opportunity afforded to us in West London is a moment in time. 

A moment that is an opportunity. 

And I felt the responsibility to seize the moment clear and fresh fill my heart.

And.

We are seizing it. 

Things are motoring along. 

God is doing something special.

Quickly. 

Seize the moment. 

Which brings me to you guys. 

I felt the Spirit of God asking me to share this today which means it's for someone. 

Have you seized the moment? You know the one God is placing before you. Do you feel like you keep the missing the moment? Or that you have lost the moment? Well, have a think today. Is it really over? Or is the moment still there? Is the opportunity still there? Is the idea still there? Is the feeling still there? 

We are living in times I believe where seizing the moment is becoming more and more important especially for the church. 

So I feel like writing more but God is prompting me to sign off now.

Just seize the Moment. 

Because God can do immeasurably more than you ask or imagine.

Blessings on your life today


Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...