Sunday, August 31, 2014

Simple word


This morning in my "me" time with scripture, I heard God speak some stuff. I never normally share these precious personal times with anyone, but this morning felt that God wanted me to share these thoughts on my blog. Furthermore I felt him say that this is for someone who needs it.

My scripture was just one verse today.

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our maker; for He is our God and we are the people of His pasture, the flock under His care. Today, if you would only hear His voice. (Psalm 95: 6-7)
So here are my thoughts which I scribbled down.

Come

The first thing is we have to come into his presence. its an invitation, a glorious invitation, a plea direct from God, you can almost see Gods arms open and outstretched.

Let us bow down in worship

When we enter his presence we bow down before him. Bowing is a recognition. recognising in this case that the King of Kings is God. Worship is partly about recognition, but its also about declaring our love and affection to his majesty the King of Kings, its about wonder, awe, praise and life.

Let us kneel before the Lord our maker.

kneeling is about humility. Its about relationship and its no surprise that kneeling is synonymous with prayer. Its about immersing yourself in a beautiful relationship with the very being that made us. which makes him our father forever.

He is our God and we are the people of his pasture.

This is covenant talk. Overtones of I will be your God and you will be my people. A divine covenant that will be alive forever without fail. In this psalm the writer adds a nice reminder that not only are we Gods people, we are also people of his pasture, which speaks of provision, and as people of his pasture he will supply every thing we need as we immerse in a relationship with him.

The flock under his care

As part of Gods people we are likened to a flock of sheep. sheep need gathering, caring for, feeding, and that takes love. God cares for us so much that he tends us like a flock, administering sheer care out of a bedrock of unconditional love.

Today, if only you would hear his voice.

The word “today" strikes urgency into this verse. Then, what I would describe as a yearning straight from the heart of a Saviour who loves you, “If only you would hear his voice. With all that's on offer here? An awesome God, King, father, friend and saviour. An amazing relationship with everything we need supplied, with care provided, the kind of which we could never have even dreamed about, no wonder there is an urgency and a yearning. Many people live without accepting this offer. Yet the offer stands. God’s voice is speaking this offer over us today, maybe its time to come to him? It is the most vital invitation that mankind will ever need.

That was my reflective process in operation this morning.

I pray that this simple message will touch whoever reads it this day

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...