Friday, August 3, 2018

Tiger

I looked into the face of a tiger.

Well

Not a real tiger.

A picture of one.

It had vibrant yellow eyes.

It was baring its teeth.

His face had a kind of "I am about to pounce on you" expression.

But

It made me smile.

Yeah

It really did.

My smile was unforced and came without me trying.

I have documented many times about the fight I had with immense inner turmoil.

Yeah

I'm truly happy to report.

I am out the other side.

I have finally stepped past the vicious tiger that stood in the way of me and my future.

The tiger in the room took many forms in my battle.

It fired stuff at me like, "You're not good enough",
Like how could anybody possibly like you", "you've got absolutely no chance of achieving that".

You know

All that Kings of rubbish.

But

That tiger in the room relentlessly made me retreat backwards into my miserable life.

Its been a long hard journey to step past that scary tiger.

But

I'm past it.

The thing is.

I now see possibilities instead of futile harbourings.

I now feel like I am walking forwards instead of retreating backwards.

Last week I spoke at a Church retreat, the first time I have done it for a while.

My goodness I felt clear.

I felt I have no baggage as I have laid it down.

I feel my creative writing has resurfaced from deep within me.

I feel like I am at the start of my life again.

I have a blank canvas ahead and I have plenty to write on it.

I resurrect my blog today in a new frame of mind.

And

I'm ready to write positive words for the glory of God.

God

Who

I give all the praise for bringing me through the worst ever period of my existence.

Watch this space

.


Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...