Friday, June 12, 2020

Contemplations

The past has been a blast

No wait

Occasionally it has,

But,

There have been dark times too.

Yeah,

And,

Bland times.

Times I would change,

And

Others that I wouldn’t.

Probably?

The same as everyone else.

Yet,

This last few months during the pandemic?

I’ve had time to contemplate the past, the present and the future.

Before the virus?

I was busy, I was living a bit frantically, and, I longed for change in my life.

But,

I chugged along regardless.

Then,

Came the lockdown.

Life as I knew it?

Kind of Faded away.

So,

Change crept up on me.

Every day I had time to contemplate, ruminate and explore. Talking with God asking what changes he would have me make.

And

I began to look to the future

One thing I knew for sure within a few weeks was that I wasn’t going to the future the same.

I just can’t.

I need a fresh scene.

And

That is so exciting, so wild, so needed.

I was thinking about church, and my role as a minister.

And

I can’t change the church, I learned that a long time ago.

I used to like to think I could.

And

To be honest I got tired of trying.

But

I can change me.

God can change me.

And

He is constantly changing me form glory to glory.

Therefore,

The future has to be different

Yet

The mission remains the same

God’s mission

“To bring good news to the poor

To comfort the broken hearted

To proclaim that captives will be released

And prisoners will be released.” (Isaiah 61)

And so

It is with fantastic anticipation that I head towards the future.

Waiting there are new ways of joining God’s mission.

Waiting there are exciting new opportunities
Waiting there are people who desperately need a saviour.

Waiting there are victories so amazing that we cannot take them in.

But

One thing is for sure

We cannot stay the same

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...