Monday, February 21, 2022

Spiritual Stew Pot

 This afternoon I have taken a few hours to have some silence and some heavy engagement with God.

Tomorrow I embark on a new part of my ministry journey as I travel to London to become part of the Salvation Army's UK Spiritual Life Development Unit, specifically the Territorial Prayer Network.

This afternoon I had an attack of the "why me Lord" variety! Why Lord am I going to this appointment, I didn't ask for it, I didn't expect it, and I have no clue where I will possibly fit in! I'm surely not the right person for this type of role! I have quirks and my own views, my own ways of working I have been used to being totally working in your visions Lord, building churches, prayer centres, communities.

"When you called me Lord and gave me such a visionary spirit and a creative mindset on top of a longing to see people find you, I saw such a completely different vista before me! 

So, before these feelings completely took over my thoughts, I did what I have learned to do when anything like this hits my mind and seeks to immobilise me, I get down and quiet in prayer. 

Seriously down and quiet.

I don't care what I am doing, I drop everything and turn to face Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

The first thing that dropped in my head was an answer to my immediate question. Why choose me? This was the Lords answer. "Because I have, and I am going to use in ways that you really can't see yet. and as for fitting in, I made you, I gave you a voice, I gave you an ability to connect people, and I gave you some unique attributes that I need to use at this point in time." 

I felt an immediate lift in my Spirit.

Then the Lord gave me a strong vision in my minds eye.

It was a pot of stew bubbling away over a nice firepit.

This is what the Spirit of God spoke into my Spirit.

"This is my spiritual stew pot. You are not the stew Gary, but you are an ingredient. An ingredient I really need just now. There are many other ingredients in this stew and when cooked, this spiritual stew is wholesome and nourishing and fulfilling. Whether you or anyone else thinks that you don't fit, When I mix the ingredients together believe me you fit, and my spiritual food will satisfy the world. All of the different quirks, ways of working, thought patterns etc that every individual has all mixed together can be a fine stew."

Wow!

I turned from being anxious about tomorrow into feeling excited.

Hey

I felt the need to write this little splash of my personal feelings today, because I felt in my Spirit that this could help someone today.

So 

Be an ingredient in Gods spiritual stew!

The world is hungry for it!






Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...