Friday, April 27, 2012

Silent Witness

Above all TV series? Silent witness is the top of the pile for me.

I love it.

the suspense, the incredible story lines, the technological aspects of pathology.

I love it.

I know a silent witness.

Personally.

He isn't a pathologist.

He isn't a crime expert.

He is an ordinary guy who has had his life flipped over by Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

He is an amazing addition to our church and to the church in general.

Even though he is a fairly new Christian, he gets the whole breathing in-breathing out thing. In short, his intensive relationship with Jesus compels him to operate in the world in terms of action.

He heard  about St Francis of Assisi, and was fascinated by his little famous dictum, "Preach the Gospel at all times, if necessary use words."

He really gets that!

He is a living, breathing silent witness.

That's how he lives and no-one has really taught him that, he just does it and it is a real challenge.

Everyday he travels to work in his car. He travels the same route, day in day out. he was telling me the other week that every day he saw a guy who was struggling to walk up a hill. he walks with a stick and he looked to be in pain as he walked. So This guy i'm talking about says to me, "I knew God would stop and offer him a lift. So Everytime he sees this guy, he picks him up and takes him to where he is going.

Simple action.

With extravagant Kingdom connotations.

Fueled by lavishly beautiful love.

Preaching without words.

The church bands about a lot of words.

I know I do sometimes.

More action is needed.

Lavish, simple, out-giving action.

Enough said?





Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...