Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I surrender some?

My daughter, one of my two precious daughters, Bailey, found out she has to go to hospital for an operation very soon.

I won't go into the details of her illness, but I hate the thought of her having to go alone to the operating theatre. I would rather go on her behalf and have the operation for her. I guess you know what I mean?

It's also an important year for Dawn and I, as we possibly move appointments in less than a year now. And of course the way the Salvation Army do their appointments is still on a "someone else makes that decision" basis. So in effect we could go anywhere! A bit worrying to say the least!

Both these things have been weighing a bit heavy over the last couple of weeks, obviously Bailey being the dominant worry.

I got a bit lost in the fear of it all a week or so ago. We were on our two week holiday, which we desperately needed. The fear kind of stole our holiday really.

I began to look hard for God and found myself almost convincing myself he wasn't around!

I guess the real problem was that in times of need, I was having trouble giving the whole lot over to God and trusting him totally!

I saw this really funny clip on you tube, of someone singing the song, "I surrender all" only instead of singing those amazing words they sang, "I surrender some."

Funny, but challenging.

That was me last week!

I surrender some!

In other words, you can have a few things from me Lord but I'll keep lots of things to myself because I'm not sure I trust you with them!

Then, I read this scripture.

Job 23

23 Then Job replied:

2 “Even today my complaint is bitter;
his hand[a] is heavy in spite of[b] my groaning.
3 If only I knew where to find him;
if only I could go to his dwelling!
4 I would state my case before him
and fill my mouth with arguments.
5 I would find out what he would answer me,
and consider what he would say to me.
6 Would he vigorously oppose me?
No, he would not press charges against me.
7 There the upright can establish their innocence before him,
and there I would be delivered forever from my judge.
8 “But if I go to the east, he is not there;
if I go to the west, I do not find him.
9 When he is at work in the north, I do not see him;
when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him.
10 But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
11 My feet have closely followed his steps;
I have kept to his way without turning aside.
12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips;
I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.
13 “But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
He does whatever he pleases.
14 He carries out his decree against me,
and many such plans he still has in store.
15 That is why I am terrified before him;
when I think of all this, I fear him.
16 God has made my heart faint;
the Almighty has terrified me.
17 Yet I am not silenced by the darkness,
by the thick darkness that covers my face.

Job finding was it hard to locate God in the centre of his particular troubles.

But.

He hangs on to God.

Desperately.

Then he makes that fab statement.

"God does what ever he pleases!"

This statement shocked me back into sync with God.

Straight away.

Like Job, I remembered that God is in total control. He does what he pleases.

So the ball is in my court to give control over to him.

To surrender all.

" He does whatever he pleases. He carries out his decree against me, and many such plans he still has in store."(Job 23: 14)

Amazing.

Bailey I leave in God's hands. My gorgeous daughter.

My future I leave in his hands.

So guys.

Here's a mad but real question.

Do you surrender some?

Or do you surrender all?

Whatever the deal is right now. Give it to God.

As I responded positively to this word from God, peace poured in.

Reassurance overwhelmed me.

Restoration of resolve flooded back.

Maybe today a restoration of resolve is needed in your life.

I pray strength over you this day.

Strength to surrender all.













Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...