Friday, July 20, 2012

Majesty

One of those weeks.

That's all I can say about the week just gone.

One of those weeks.

Lots of niggly small things have cropped up. A couple of Church issues which required dealing with have reared their head. Someone was sick in our toilet and just left it (Dawn dealt with that!) On top of that we are having building work done at our main venue in Durham, so a couple of site management issues have contributed to it being just one of those weeks.

On Thursday Queen Elizabeth came to Durham.

People lined the streets.

We just stood outside our door. After waiting for her to arrive for what seemed like ages, we finally got a glimpse of her, a great glimpse from about ten yards! (see photo) She was sitting in the back of a big black limo with prince Phillip.

I maintain she looked right at me!

I can tell my staff at S21 doubt that massively!

But I'm sticking to my belief!

I couldn't get over the fact that loads of people waited for hours for a five second glimpse of Her Majesty.

It kind of mirrors this week really.

In all the conflicts, busyness and uproar of this week, I've had a few glimpses of the King of Kings.

I saw him in the neediness of our homeless people. I saw him in the weary travellers looking for rest and space in our prayer centre. I saw him the policemen and women who have come in to have their breaks. I saw him in the conflict I've had to deal with I didn't really have to wait around for a glimpse because when I think about it he has been in everything and could be seen everywhere if I had looked a bit more.

And I know for sure God has looked right at me this week.

He's been there with me every step I've taken, every person I've talked to, every situation I've tried to deal with.

I guess sometimes we simply need reminding that God is with us.

Always.

Every second.

Every phase of our life.

If we look we will get a glimpse of the king of kings.

If your having one of those weeks? remember God is around.

Always.




Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...