Thursday, June 20, 2013

Unimaginable love

It's my wedding anniversary today. 

I temporarily forgot.

But I managed to redeem myself quickly!

But today I've been married for fifteen years.

It's been the most earth shatteringly brilliant fifteen years.  

Life changing in fact. 

Dawn and I have journeyed through a whole range of life events from the darkest moments to the richest of moments. 

Ups and downs.

Mostly ups. 

Dawns been there for me in my darkest hours. 

I don't think I could love her any more than I do.

She is simply astonishing. 

I know I've drove her mad sometimes! I know she's probably wanted to scream at me occasionally! But she loves me no matter what. She tells me that every day. 

Thinking about it this morning, love has won the day in our marriage. It's sustained us through thick and thin. The day we got married, we overheard someone at the reception saying to a friend, "I give them six months." 

Well, here we are fifteen years later. 

Stronger.

More in love.

Inseparable.

I relate it today to my relationship with God. 

Through the highs and lows of our life-trek, whatever happens, wherever we are, however we live, whatever we do, God loves us anyway. He sticks with us. We cannot get away from his love. 

His love is life. 

His love is a certainty.

We can choose not to recognize His love if we want, but that will never change how God feels about us. 

Never. 

Both Dawn and I have invested everything into our friendship and our marriage. The key has been love. Intense love. 

I can't wait for the next fifteen years.  

Yet.

Gods love is stronger than even that. 

His love is of an intensity that we will never fathom until we see him face to face. 

And I believe today there is someone reading this who simply needs to be reminded that God totally and utterly loves you. No matter what you've done, whatever you feel right now.   

And.

Whatever anyone else thinks.

The truth is. 

God loves you. 

You cannot escape from that. 

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels or demons, neither present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8: 38-39)

Fifteen years of being married to the most amazing woman I've known has taught me about love. 

And.

Because of that I've glimpsed the unimaginable love that God has for every single person that ever lived. 

That unimaginable love will sustain us through the whatever's of life both on Earth and in Heaven. 

Blessings. 


Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...