Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A rock in an ocean of deep need

So I'm sitting in Ealing Hospital, in the Costa Coffee, waiting for Dawn to complete her appointment with an endoscopic surgeon. 

Watching people.

Coming and going. 

I see a lady attached to a drip stand heading outside for a smoke. I see people of all different races and religions coming and going. I see nervous looking people as well as the more confident ones. I see a guy being pushed on a trolley, probably to the X-ray department, he doesn't look too well at all. Doctors, Nurses, and other health professionals are getting about their business early doors today. 

Ealing Hospital London is very busy.  

Very busy indeed.  

I sit and I am thinking. I'm sitting in a colossal hotbed of sickness. A place where hopes can be raised and dashed in the blink of an eye. A place where hi- tech healing is developing at such an incredible rate as new discoveries continue to mount. A place where illness and injury, physically and emotionally, can be unloaded and treated.  It is definitely a place of hope an immense rock in an ocean of deep need. 

And there is a constant coming and a constant going. The main door is a revolving door that never seems to take a break from revolving. 

Thousands.

Thousands of people all with their different needs coming to the rock of hope in an ocean of need. 

And it clicks.

In my head.

I remember a word given to Dawn and I by Debra Green, a serious prophet in our time, right before the start of our ministry. This was the picture she gave us.

Gary and Dawn I see you in a City. You are in a kind of medical establishment. It is very busy. Dawn you are in a nurses uniform, mopping up blood from the floor. Gary you are constantly carrying injured and sick people into the place, carrying them literally over your shoulder, one by one. The Spirit of God says you are to build a house of prayer and justice. In cities. You are to create places where the broken and the hurting, the dying and the lost can be treated. God is the healer. You are to bring them to God. God is giving you and Dawn a spiritual backpack. He will give you all you need to do this. Go and do it. 

And We did go and do it.

And that spiritual backpack seems to have an unlimited amount of tools in it. 

But.

Since coming to London. 

I've lost sight of the backpack.

I've put it down and not picked it up.

It's the hardest situation we have ever inherited in all of our officership.

But the vision remains.

God has not told us to put it down.

So here I am in a place of great hope.

A hospital.

With all the coming and going.

And the Spirit of God says to me.

Pick up the backpack. You will build a rock in an ocean of need. And it it will be a big rock. It needs to be because The ocean of deep need is bigger than you know. There are people drowning in a sea of no hope. But there is hope, I am the hope, I am the healer, I am the renewal of body spirit and mind that this world searches for. The divine scope of my love is out of your understanding, but nevertheless I need you to pick up that backpack that you have laid down and build me a rock. In West London. A rock of hope in an ocean of deep need. Stop looking at the barriers and turn your eyes towards the immeasurable and infinite possibilities that only I can offer. Start work. Today. 

So the work starts. 

Today.

That's why I have wrote this on my blog.

To launch myself back into the light of his power. 

So from today we will build our third house of prayer and justice. Sanctuary 21 is a rock in an ocean of deep need up there in Durham. Liverpool is now many rocks in a many oceans of deep need. This morning as God has made me sit and watch the immense coming and going of people with great and real needs, I feel my creative and initiative spirit returning. 

It's simple.

God needs places that are open, are praying, are loving, and untroubled by the bad side of religion.  

Whatever's in the way of that?

It will be moved by God. Because he declares war on anything that stops people from knowing him.

So what about you guys? 

My readers?

Wherever in the world you are. 

What are you guys doing with the dreams and visions God has set you to work on? 

Is it time?

Time you put yourselves under his care?

I finish off with this amazing scripture I got yesterday. 

Psalm 36: 7-9
How excellent is thy loving kindness O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house. And thou shalt make them drink of the river thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life. In thy light shall we see light. 

Put your trust under the shadow of His wings. 

Go and build a rock of hope in an ocean of deep need. 

Massive Blessings today. 






Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...