Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Word: Out of line?

"Get into line!"

I head the frustrated teacher shout to a bedraggled looking group of school kids gathering by the road crossing ready to cross the road.

I watched this amusing scene from my seat in Starbucks. 

Get in line!

I realized God was showing me something .

I d just heard His voice. 

I heard it as I was praying in between delicious sips of Caramel Machiatta (skinny of course!)

The voice into my heart spoke about alignment. 

And.

Lately.

As God pointed out to me.

I've been out of alignment a little.

Or a lot.

Pioneering new prayer Centre's is a task that is less than glamorous.

Especially this time. 

Every day has been a mixture of visions or putting fires out. Putting out the dying embers of an almost dead SA corps and preparing to start a new fire in West London. 

And.

Sometimes?

You get a bit fed up with the side effects of that. 

And it had knocked me out of alignment a little lately.

Speaking out and thinking that things are impossible that God in reality deems possible, means we are subscribing to satan's purposes, and also means we are out of alignment with God's  purposes. 

And.

I've stepped out of line a bit lately.

With thoughts like, "What on earth can Dawn and I do about this situation? It's death on heat! Please God take me back into a different life other than one in the Salvation Army!

And 

In the house with Dawn I've spoke that impossibility out loud more than a few times.

Forgetting that God?

Is a God that can make sure the impossible becomes possible.

And.

This morning?

In the midst of a crowded coffee shop, watching a gang of kids getting told to get back in line? 

I got the message. 

And.

I felt a searing desire to get back into alignment with Gods purposes. 

Because.

His purposes mean that we step into line with the possible. 

We step into the marching force of his love. 

We stop seeing dead ends and see a glorious vista unfold before our very eyes.

Because 

Listen up this Christmas. 

The message of the birth, life, death and resurrection of Christ is the most life giving message we can possibly carry with us in this life. 

And because of that reality,

Anything is possible

Are you feeling a little out of line?

Are you feeling like your facing a dead end of some kind?

Maybe the frustrated teachers words will help you right now.

"Get back in line!"

Put yourself back into alignment with Gods purposes for your life. 

I read this just before I left the coffee shop.

It says it all.

"As we acknowledge as hopeless what God declares as changeable, we have come into alignment, at least in part, with the devil's thought processes and plans for us. We go way past the realms of woundedness, fear and criticism. We no longer want to step out into the light. We flat out do not even think he accepts us, loves us or has any plan for us, even a plan B. This is simply not true. (James Goll)

I don't know about you but I want to step out into the light. 

So.

What is it you are declaring as hopeless?

Look to Jesus.

You will find that God declares it as changeable. 

A message I needed today as we look to turn around a desperate situation that to the human eye seems pretty hopeless. 

So I got myself back in line.

The right line.

Alignment with God's purposes. 

Will you?











Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...