Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dont look back

2013 was a year that I would rather forget.

It was a year full of struggle.

We have had to deal with conflict. Lots of conflict. Stupid church stuff. The kind if stuff that drives Jesus daft. We've had to move City, house and appointment which is stressful. Then we have had to instigate quick and dramatic change to Salvation Army Corps that was in trouble, which in itself brought big time conflict.

Although we are strong.

I've felt the force of it all lately.

So at midnight last night.

2013 ended.

2014 began.

This was my prayer.

Lord if you could please try and make 2014 a truly smoother experience I would be grateful.

I don't know what lies ahead.

We now have three months without any people at our base Corps.

While we revamp everything ready to start again from scratch.

That sounds like a breeze.

But we know the real hard work is just beginning.

And this verse came into my head with astonishing force at midnight last night.

Anyone who puts their hand to the plough and looks back is not fit for service in the Kingdom of God. (Luke 9: 62)

And.

In my Spirit.

The Spirit of God.

Meant it.

Bigtime.

Do not look back.

So I sit here in Starbucks on New Years day 2014. And I resolve not to look back.

If I do.

2013 will suck me downwards.

Pull me back into its deadly grip.

Tie me up with the chains of self pity.

And leave me there.

Stranded.

And in that state?

Jesus is right.

I won't be fit for service.

Jesus is always walking forwards.

So in that light.

This morning I am free of that dreadful year.

Free.

With a clear path ahead no matter what.

So.

For some of you 2013 would have been a great year. For others it might have been a bit rubbish.

But I felt I needed to send this message out today.

This is what the Spirit of God says.

Don't look back.

Press into God. He is moving ahead. Claim his freedom this hour. Make this a great year. Declare it. However great or bad 2013 was, don't look back.

I declare that this year will be a memorable one for our ministry and our lives.

The year of the Lords favour.

And for you.

I pray favour beyond understanding for you guys today.

Don't look back.

Be free.

Blessings

Gaz

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...