Saturday, March 22, 2014

Who we are (A check list)

I looked inside myself this morning.

Checking my life out.

I wrote down a list of the values that would mark out the person I would love to be.

It had things like reliable, calm, happy, positive, peaceful and constructive written on it.

I'm getting there slowly.

I know I've come a long way since the days when I was almost a completely different person,  lost in the storm of life not knowing where I was headed.

I have direction now.

Even in storms.

God has set a top notch compass inside of my mindset that helps me find the narrow way.

That compass is Jesus.

But sometimes the mad side of Gary surfaces and I get myself off course a little.

So I wrote another list.

On this list I wrote the things that I do that I don't want in my life.

It's really a good thing to draw up an honest list of the person you would want to be because that's really the person you are.

It's also good to write a list of the person you are right now and compare.

It gives us things to work on.

It gives us areas to bring before God and get a better perspective on the way to deal with those things we don't want to be.

Better still, and this is the purpose of this random blog post,  there are some great checklists in scripture that highlight the person God wants us to be.

And.

Here is one of the clearest and most amazing ones.

I leave this with you today,  whoever this is for today, to have a little ponder on this list and maybe check where our lives are right now.

And.

Write your lists.

And.

Keep Working hard to become the person we could be in relationship with Jesus,  the ultimate compass for our life's journey.

Here's the scripture. 


Romans 12:9-21 NIV

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.   Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.   Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Blessings on your life today. 

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...