Monday, March 10, 2014

Unexpected answers

Last night we had a prayer session.

Just a few people who have agreed to help pray for the project. Amazing friends. 

Praying for our project and certain aspects of it that we really needed to hear from God. 

It was special.

The building work is delayed at Ealing. 

But.

There are certain aspects of the vision to raise up a Prayer house in London that we could begin to implement without the building. 

In fact I'm not really bothered about the building work. 

So.

We needed to really hear from God on that.

We needed a green light for go from him. 

We spent a long time individually praying for this specific thing. 

As we were doing so there was a loud knocking at the door, which was really amazing because one of the girls brought the scripture that says behold I stand at the door and knock. Dawn opened the door and it was a guy. A really troubled guy who I had met on the street at Christmas and spent some time chatting to as he sat on the pavement on Ealing Broadway and ended up saying a little prayer for him. He asked if there was any chance of a cup of tea and something to eat. We brought him in and I sat with him in the prayer room. He was really dirty, I felt like I could have done with a gas mask of some description but managed to breathe through my mouth.  He said, and here are his exact words, "I'm so glad you were here tonight, I was feeling really lonely and couldn't stand sitting in my room." Then he said, "I need a place like this." We spent an hour with him loaded him up with cake and coffee, and I agreed to meet him this week to help him with a housing problem he has. 

We were all Gobsmacked! (For want of a better term!)

The atmosphere filled with the beautiful electricity that only they presence of a Saviour can bring. 

It was like we had received a visitation. 

We were all confident we had received a quick and direct answer to the prayer we were praying. 

And.

Once again.

The majesty of God displayed itself in unexpected ways. 

The awesome power of prayer, as if we needed reminding, was reiterated. 

I'm reflecting on this in Costa Coffee, I've stopped on the way to a lunchtime meeting at DHQ, and it still fills me with a sense of utter joy. 

So this morning the point of my post is this. 

Look out for the unexpected when you are praying. 

We so often miss Gods responses to our prayers. 

Remember when strangers come into our midst no matter how disheveled, that we may be entertaining angels. 

Remember not to focus on the answer that you think God should give to your prayers. Because in spending our energy looking for that answer we may just miss the real response God gives us.

Keep watch and learn for the unexpected answers to prayer. 

Blessings. 



 

Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...