Thursday, August 21, 2014

The right side of hope

My mate Si.

What a guy.

Si walked into Liverpool Boiler Room over ten years ago and thus began a relational journey that will still be going on when my officership journey ends and I finally go back to the city I love to live out the rest of my life.

Si is a mission maniac.

You only have to look at his battered and crumpled bible to know he walks with God extremely closely.

Nobody is safe from being evangelised or prayed with!

It was great to see him these last couple of days.

He had come down from Liverpool to spend a few days at Sanctuary West London to give an interview for a DVD film shoot that is happening right now.

Si and I spent a great deal of time praying and chatting.

I was telling him that last week I sat with a guy who made this statement, "Its too late for the UK, Ive stopped praying for the nation to be changed because its so far Godless that there is no point to it."

A gloomy message!

When this guy said it I wanted to respond.

I didn't agree with him.

But.

I have developed my nature a lot during the last five years through some real refining by fire that has gone on my character. I think God has shaped me quicker in this last five years than at any other time
in my life so far.

So.

I held off with my response and had a little think through what he said.

As I say, I was talking with Si about it.

We looked up and down the streets of London.

Yeah.

The Godlessness is rife.

Its amazing what you see when you look with Heavens eyes.

But.

We both have learned that if you walk on the wrong side of hope then the pointlessness this guy was talking about will abound in your life.

So we asked God.

And.

This morning as I pray before a day of ministering to many who feel a bit devoid of hope, this is what God says to me.

Can a nation be changed? There are those who say that can't happen.

Yes.

The enemy has ravaged it.

Yes.

Its slipping further and further away from God.

But can this nation be changed?

Yes.

God.

God is love.

His very nature carries transformations its lifeblood.

His power is supreme.

His love never-ending.

His grace is in endless supply.

His arms through Jesus are forever open.

so?

Can a nation be changed?

Of course!

Believe it.

We had better believe it otherwise we are stripped of all hope.

Hope runs free in the presence of God.

Living in that hope changes everything.

Can a nation be changed?

Its an affirmative!

So today walk on the right side of hope.

Belief, faith and trust are the order of the day.

March into your mission fields wherever they are this day and let the open arms of Jesus take care of your hope.

I saw the mission maniac Si in action yesterday, walking on the right side of hope. A homeless man called Carl who has come into the sanctuary every day since it opened got a dose of God through Si as he lovingly got his battered bible out of his coat pocket and talked to him about Jesus and the fact that he had a bit of a homeless situation going on his life while he was on earth too. I could see tears roll down carls face as a few lights came on in his heart.

Can a nation be changed?

Blessings.





Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...