Sunday, April 9, 2017

Spacious

This last week has been a brilliant week really.

It started with a new birth.

Dawn and I pulled up outside our daughter Bailey's house expecting to spend some time with her. as she opened the door her waters unexpectedly broke!

And to cut a magnificent story short,

Clark William Warner was born a few hours later.

As quick as that.

And,

He is gorgeous.

Then I have had a fantastic weeks writing on my book, one of those weeks  where the text flows from your heart at breakneck speed. Only a couple of months work to do until it is more or less complete.

Dawn and I also managed to visit Winsford SA Corps where Dawn has been appointed Pastor.We met with a few people and they made us feel so welcomed. They were so nice to us we could almost eat them.  We are so looking forward to swapping the intensity of the City of London for the Cheshire countryside. We have had three major challenges in our Officership, and we are excited by the challenge ahead for Dawn in the coming years.

For me, my own ministry is developing brilliantly under God's direction. And I know he is positioning me back in the North for some major Kingdom opportunities, so I'm busy trying to secure some part time work to aid me a bit in my ministry. So please pray for me in that quest.

Anyway back to the baby!

I got to hold him for the longest time.

He was hours old.

I was being careful and gentle and saying all that daft baby stuff like you do, when God showed me something.

He showed me, well, me.

How far I've come lately.

I was trapped by the damage that some of my experiences as an officer had inflicted on me so badly. I had really forgotten how to live, how to love life, and how to love myself basically. Yet as I sat with my new grandson in my arms I could have wept because I saw how God had held me through that mess inflicted by different people who may be leaders but are really clueless and lost.

And,

I realised something brilliant!

I've finally come out the other end.

I am finally free.

Living in the freedom Jesus won for me on the cross.

It's taken a long time to recover from the wounds inflicted by people who were meant to care for me.

But.

My life is now spacious and full again.

I'm stronger.

Rehabilitated.

Fresh and ready for the fight again.

I think that's why I'm looking forward to a new start in Cheshire. Its spacious and open, and, as much as I have loved London, which I have and always will, I have felt a bit claustrophobic lately, like the City is closing in on me.

And,

That reflects just what God has done lately in my life, he has brought me into a spacious place where I can move and breathe and spend my new healing well, He has brought me there from a place where the ungodliness of religious rules and regulations closed in on me and strangled my Officership to death.

Yeah,

I'm ready.

Ready to help people to know a God who holds us all in his arms no matter what is happening in our lives.

























Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...