Friday, April 28, 2017

Two years

Two years.

It’s taken me to recover from total burnout in ministry.

But.
I’m recovered,  healed, restored,  whatever you want to call it.

Last night I took to the stage to preach once again.

And

I noticed a big difference in comparison to my two-year recovery period.

The life was back in my voice.

The life was back in the words.

I felt calmer,  sharply focussed and clear in attitude,  mind and approach.

The clarity has come from a determination to see lives transformed.

That’s the end game for me.

My purpose.

My vision.

My mission.

I took the two year remission from all things church and more specifically all things Salvation Army.

I took Jesus advice literally when he invites us to come to him all of us who are all heavy laden and I will give you a real rest.

And

I should have known.

It really does work.

It works supremely well.

Not only am I now like a caged lion ready to get back to what I am called to do,  but I am changed. 

Changed completely.

Better,  stronger,  refreshed and prepared.

So.

Why do I share this little insignificant piece of information about my progress today?

Well,  when I woke up this morning I had this incredible urge that someone was in desperate need.

I have no idea who that person is.

But I just knew I had to write it and blog it.

Whoever it is.

This is what the Spirit of God says to you.

“Come to me and take a real rest.  I understand your pain. I know you’ve hit rock bottom. Lay down the battle you are experiencing, let me fight that for you. But you,  you need to recover.  You really need my kind of recovery,  a restoration of a broken spirit, a damaged heart and a tired mind. I know about your weakness,  I know about your constant striving to please people that you are never going to please. Leave that battle,  just walk away and run to me. I will give you a recovery like no other. Come to me and I will give you rest.”

Guys.

I know it is never easy to lay something down.

But I sense the urgency this day for you to do that.

O listen to the heart of a saviour who loves you and cares infinitely for you.

Step up and take a real rest.

And you will recover your life.

I don’t know who you are but I will be praying for you.


         




Forensic Prayer

  I have a fascination with Forensics.   If I were not called to minister, I would have headed into this profession for sure.   Henc...